Display Tender EPA009148
This page displays the details of a tender. See the detailed help in each section for specific information.
- Peter Dolan
- Office: +61 (08) 8204 2018
The EPA requests submissions from suitably qualified consulting firms or individuals to conduct a review of the environmental impacts of the acid In-Situ Leach mining process, as used or proposed for use in South Australia.
The specific objective of the consultancy is to conduct a review of the acid ISL mining process with regard to:
· its environmental impact, with particular regard to:
· hydrogeology, groundwater management and impacts on aquifers,
· the management of process liquids, spill response and clean up,
· surface disturbance, including vegetation clearance,
· waste management, recovery and disposal (both liquid and solid),
· issues relating to rehabilitation on cessation of operations (including aquifer and surface rehabilitation).
· international experience with its practical application
· its current application in South Australia, including whether there are more appropriate leaching techniques for extraction of uranium from the ore .